After a summer of using and abusing the Capri the tax ran out, so it's time to tackle a few jobs over winter.
First on the list is sorting out the fan which decided to pack up. I then discovered that the electric fan
which had been fitted in the past as an override didn't seem to work. The viscous fan is coming off completely
and instead I will wire in the electric one properly. You can get an adaptor which fits between the radiator
and top hose, which allows you to fit a OEM fan switch. The switch was only about £3 from eBay.
I was collecting parts over the summer (2.8i struts, calipers, disks, etc..) so they are getting refurbished and
will be fitted, as well as new pads, etc... The TCA's are also getting changed over along with new bushes.
I have got a replacement exhasut back box from from CCI (2" this time instead of 3") and rear mount, as the previous
one had been bodged with cable ties. I was going to get a stainless exhaust made up, but I don't have the money
to do that at present.
The IS has been behaving itself apart from one night in Tesco's car park when the fuel pump packed up, so I ended up
replacing it in the dark. So far that's 2 E30's and 3 fuel pumps I've been through!